Spencer County Elementary School
Market Day Cookie Dough
Please order some cookie dough this month from Market Day!
Our goal is 100 packages.
Use the link below to place your order.
Market Day On-line
Our SCES account number is 14494
November 19 (Tues.) - Kindergarten and 5th Grade
November 20 (Wed.) - 1st and 2nd
November 22 (Fri.) - 3rd and 4th
We welcome these important people!
Visitors to our school:
Author, Animal Gambill, talks to the students about her writing process and character development.
Boss Paws is the main character and Animal Gambill's inspiration.
Senator Higdon was welcomed with a banner.
Coffee with Covey
Spencer County Elementary School is starting a book club for parents. Our first book, “The Leader in Me” by Stephen Covey is a great read and resource to inspire leadership in our children.
Please join Mrs. Tobbe in the teacher workroom on November 8th at 9 a.m.
for our first book club meeting.
For more information or to R.S.V.P. email Erin Tobbe firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 477-6950.
You will receive a copy of the book at our first meeting.
It’s easy to help raise Box Top funds for our school when using your Kroger card…just follow the link below for more information:
Learn all about the SCES Counseling Program
5th Grade Participated in an
Muffins With Mom
There are many school activities to look forward to this year. To help keep track of all that is going on refer to the link to the left titled "Important Dates and Events". Thank you for being so supportive. You help make this school such a great one.
SCES Important Information 2013-14 (Word doc - 14K)
District School Calendar
||What's Going on at SCES?
Every Monday students and staff at SCES are encouraged to wear clothing that promotes universities and colleges. This will promote an awareness of the opportunities that are available for students after they finish high school. The purpose is to create an interest in these schools' academics not athletics. It's not just about a game; it's about the future!
Also remember that every Tuesday is "Dog Tag Tuesday", students should wear their dog tags.
And every Friday is "SCES School Spirit Day" so wear school colors or Cub apparel.
||Comprehensive School Improvement Plan (CSIP)
We have recently reviewed and updated our school plan click below to see this document.
Consolidated School Improvement Plan (Word Doc - 168K)
||Our School Procedures
For an Assembly
1. Enter silently in 1 line.
2. Be seated as directed.
3. Walk on one step at a time. No jumping.
4. Keep feet still on floor/bleachers.
5. Use active listening.
6. Applaud to show appreciation.
7. Exit silently in 1 line as/when directed.
1. Use walking feet.
2. Quiet zone (while standing) except when talking to an adult.
3. Use inside voices at tables.
4. Be responsible for your own food, utensils, and trash.
5. One child per stepping stone.
6. Keep jacket/book bag with you while eating breakfast.
7. Raise your hand if you need something.
8. Sit on your bottom with your feet in front of you under the table.
9. Keep your hands and feet to yourself.
10. 4 students per bench.
11. Only 1 additional visit for extras.
1. Walk to and from the playground.
2. Safety first.
3. Use playground and playground equipment appropriately (slide down slides; hang from monkey bars using hands.)
4. Take turns.
5. No running in the mulch or the gravel. Run only in the grass.
6. Line up immediately when instructed by the teacher.
Morning Gym Procedures
Car riders and students who have eaten breakfast in cafeteria will enter the gym from the lobby. Bus riders will enter the gym from the south hall door.
When entering the gym:
1. Sit in designated area.
2. North Hall students sit against the wall first on the north side of the gym. When full, proceed to red, then green line.
3. South Hall students sit against the bleachers first on the south side of the gym. When full, proceed to red, then green line.
4. Talk quietly.
5. Keep hands and feet to yourself.
6. Only educational materials should be out of your book bag.
7. Remain seated until you are released by your designated bus duty personnel to your pod representative.
1. Walk slowly and silently.
2. Stay to the right (one way street at dismissal).
3. Hands to your side.
4. Feet on the floor.
1. Use walking feet.
2. Sit quietly at assigned tables.
3. Listen for your number.
4. Walk to the front of the building and stand behind the columns.
5. Listen for your car number and color of cone.
6. Wait with a teacher behind the cone.
Fire Drill Procedures
1. Check to see where you exit.
2. Take a class list of students so you can check your roll.
3. Lights out.
4. Door closed.
5. Students walk quietly to assigned outside location.
6. Wait for the “All Clear” to return to your classroom.
*Evacuation maps must be posted on wall.
1. Walk in single file.
2. Carry backpack on your back.
3. Keep all belongings in your backpack.
4. Orange pod will release students first, followed by green, yellow, red and purple/blue will exit last.
1. Be quick.
2. Be clean.
3. Be quiet.
||School Registration Information
Please click here for documentation policies for registration in our school district.