Parents Lead The Way For Student Success
Family involvement plays a huge part in the success of a child's education. It takes teamwork involving parents, faculty, administrators, staff and students to get the job done. The end result will be a student that is ready to enter the adult world with the tools they will need for a successful life.
The Kentucky Parent Information & Resource Center is a statewide program operated by the Ohio Valley Educational Foundation with funds from the U.S. Department of Education. KYPIRC's goal is to enhance parent involvement in their children's education for the purpose of improving student academic achievement. Click on the link above to access the most up to date monthly newsletters and calendars.
Also see our Spencer County Parents & Guardians Webpage with some great resource information.
||Help Your Student Succeed
- Your interest in your student's progress and school activities demonstrates that you value their education. Use the tools that are offered to parents (Infinite Campus Parent Portal ) to monitor your student's progress in school.
- Expect your student to do their best in school every day.
- Talk to your student about how their day went in school and let them know you are interested.
- Provide a quiet space in your home for your student to complete their homework. It is always recommended to designate a special time for homework to be completed.
- Be sure that your student gets plenty of nutritious meals, physical activity and rest.
- Encourage your student to read books.
- Limit your student's television and video game time, especially during the school week.
- Regularly attend parent-teacher conferences.
- Stay informed with what is going on with your student in school by reading school newsletters, checking the school website, reading teacher correspondence and keeping the communication lines open between you, the teachers and the administrators of the school.
- Make it a point to stay involved in your students life outside of school. Know who their friends are and their parents. Know where you students go. Stay interested in their activities and interests.
||Get Involved in School Life
- Participate in the PTA and attend school events
- Chaperone field trips
- Assist in the Classrooms
- Offer yourself as a Volunteer to your student's school
- Contact your school's Volunteer Coordinator or Family Resource Coordinator and ask if they need any assistance.